An Eagle’s Flight

These lines came to me this morning, just as I woke up and I dedicate them to the free spirit that every human being has or should have; and in particular this is for my dear friend Simon Thomsett:-




As the sun gets up so bright
I look up to follow the eagle’s flight

Where does it go and how far will it alight
How I wish I could follow its flight

When it nests into the darkness night
I wonder if I too might

For an eagle’s spirit is free and sprite
So much joy and full of delight

But when they dive and do fight
Filling up the air with magnificent sight

How I wish I could follow its flight
And fly high even if for slight

For my heart soars with the eagle’s roar
Then I fling open my wooden door
Cast my boat from the ocean’s shore

I follow the eagle’s stunning flight
Oh how I wish I could be as light
And follow the eagle on its flight

Comments

  1. Come join me on my flight
    Its light and pretty might
    To carry both of us in flight

    We'll soar together in delight
    And follow the eagle on its flight

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I Did Humpty Dumpty (of course i have done it so many times)

Talang Pass – following the goat trail from Tang to Holi

Singhar Pass (Jot) 4350m – journey to the killer pass