Resurrection


At some point of time in my public life I did make a mention that if I hadn’t uploaded a blog post in 6 months then it should be safely assumed that I had finally crossed the Styx to the other side; which to be fair should have happened innumerable times already, notwithstanding my blog post frequency.

Based upon this offhanded or highhanded (whichever you prefer) statement many of my well meaning friends and followers scattered around the planet assumed the obvious. And I do not blame them since that was indeed my desire, to see how the planet reacted to my demise so that I could witness it before I died. Much to my surprise and also some amount of despair, a global hunt ensued to prove the veracity of this assumption either way.

Many of my friends (whom others thought had any clue, which they certainly hadn’t) were beseeched or waylaid by strangers at strange places both virtual and real seeking if they knew of my intra or inter planetary whereabouts. Social media (read: twitter, FB, Insta, et al) was rife with such speculation. As by then I had also deactivated my FB account quite intentionally and deliberately (it still remains deactivated by the way and will for foreseeable future) this debate raged further.

To be fair with my friends, of whom I have many, almost none really knows what I am up to at any given time; which includes if I am dead or alive. I started getting many emails and messages from such friends stating that someone random was asking them about my welfare and they didn’t know how to respond. Characteristically I never responded to any such inquiries. I have not the faintest clue as to how many might have tried to reach me by calling up my mobile since it is perpetually switched off or out of coverage. I even heard someone started a twitter handle to the effect satyadeadoralive# somewhere in the dubious corner of Eastern Europe, which was shortly pulled down by twitter since the handle sounded more like I was on Interpol’s top ten most wanted list with a price on my head; which I am not ruling out either. Go figure!

So, to begin with, let me assure each one of you that this is indeed I, myself, Satya, pure and unadulterated as only one can be. It is I who is clicking this keyboard to produce these words. I am not an imposter who has hacked into this infamous account and posing as the man. As I write this I can almost hear the collective sigh of many who wished me alive and equally from those who wished me otherwise. It’s true that everyone loves me but not everyone wishes me to live.

Now the question uppermost in all of your mind might be why I disappeared from the sky like a truant cloud in autumn? To be honest there is no real reason for this. Just something I felt like doing and did since I could. I am sure many of you would like to vanish as well but not all of you can at will as you are burdened with attachments and responsibilities. For that you have my respect.

Next question might be: will it happen again? Most certainly YES. And if it does should anyone be alarmed! Now that’s purely your choice. I don’t really care; I don’t really have any significant usage in this world anyway, not that I know of, so in my own eyes my continued existence or disappearance from earth are both equally welcome and irrelevant.

And the final question that might assail you: why did I now decide to reappear, at this point of time? And here the answer is obvious or as my friend Holmes would have concluded: it is plain as day. The reason is same for everything that is happening in this world right now, good, bad and especially the ugly. The infamous virus; the poor little thing, teeny-weeny invisible microorganism that is now shouldering universal blame for everything that mankind is afraid of. It is the escape goat for all our failures and shortcomings as human and also the reason I chose to surface from my two year long slumber. No wonder that one very dear friend calls me Kumbhakaran after the mythical brother of the King of Ceylon, Ravana, who was reputed to sleep at one go for six months.

Stuck indoors at zero altitude in close proximity to a metro with all the hustle bustle (thankfully at a minimum level currently) has deprived me of my itchy feet and bohemian rhapsody. I can’t travel anymore anywhere. My longest walk is about a km to the nearest grocery store, and I cannot even do that every day. I am permitted to take that walk only twice a week if I am lucky and the pot bellied cop with face mask isn’t around the corner keeping a watchful eye upon delinquent citizens.

To assure you, I am in great health and keeping engaged with lots of books (both to read and to use as dumbbells or a pillow), yoga, cooking (don’t be surprised if I come out with my lockdown easy to cook great to eat recipes for the soloists among you), day dreaming and eventually writing. So I am beginning to reconnect with my masterpiece novel that is still to see the light of the day or darkness of the night, editing some older works and with you all through my blog. So rest assured as long as this lockdown exists and I am unable to travel, there would be smattering of posts. This is to primarily keep my sanity intact not yours.

But now after all this if any of you expect that I will start back into social media or enhance my digital signature in any capacity more than survival then you might think again. For I might still not respond to your well meaning calls, messages and emails and maintain my silence as afore. So hold your peace and continue to love me as you always have. Like I have always maintained; love doesn’t need a reason.

To leave you with a teaser; if the lockdown and I continue to stay alive then my next post will reveal what I have been up to between my previous post and this one. In short a summary of the past two years of my boorish life.

Stay home, stay safe, stay happy...

Comments

  1. like a leopard can never change its spot, a brat will always remain a brat! keep posting ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

When I Did Humpty Dumpty (of course i have done it so many times)

Talang Pass – following the goat trail from Tang to Holi

Singhar Pass (Jot) 4350m – journey to the killer pass